What is NAD+?
NAD+ stands for Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, and is an essential molecule found in every cell of your body. It is a coenzyme of Vitamin B3 (niacin), which means it’s a small helper molecule that binds to a protein molecule in order to activate an enzyme. Enzymes are responsible for over 5,000 different biochemical reactions throughout the body and NAD+ participates in more reactions than any other vitamin-derived molecule.
What does NAD+ do?
NAD+ is needed for metabolic functions to take place in all the cells in your body, including your brain. Scientists have shown that NAD+ significantly decreases as we age, so it’s beneficial to replenish NAD+ levels so your body can function at optimal levels. NAD+ is involved in these roles throughout the body:
1. Energy production (ATP): NAD+ helps your cells convert food into energy by acting as an electron transporter during cell metabolism.
2. DNA repair: A constant supply of NAD+ is needed for the activation of PARPs, which detect and repair damaged DNA.
3. Gene expression: Your body has a class of proteins called sirtuins that help regulate certain metabolic pathways and genetic expressions. Sirtuins are NAD-dependent and the more sirtuin activity, the better for health and longevity. Increased sirtuin activity can help increase metabolism, decrease inflammation, extend cell life, and prevent neurodegeneration.
4. Cell signaling: NAD+ is also released from the intercellular space to the extracellular space for communication. Research is revealing that NAD and ATP may alert the immune response when the cell is under stress or when there is inflammation.
5. Neurotransmitter: Although more research still needs to be conducted, in some instances, NAD+ meets the pre- and postsynaptic criteria for a neurotransmitter. NAD+ is released from smooth muscle, neurosecretory cells, and brain synaptosomes for cell-to-cell communication.
6. Enzyme activity: NAD+ and NADH are used in processes such as metabolizing alcohol and converting lactate to pyruvate in the body.
What is NAD+ Therapy?
NAD+ Therapy involves a high dose intravenous infusion of NAD+ that goes straight into the bloodstream. IV therapy allows NAD+ to bypass the digestive system for better absorption. NAD+ works rapidly to repair cells throughout the body and neurons in the brain.
At NAD Treatment Center, every client has an individualized protocol based on the condition, so treatment length can vary from 4 to 12 days. Clients receive a high dose IV therapy under the supervision of Dr. Milgram and qualified nurses. The therapy is administered in a calm, holistic outpatient setting that allows working professionals the flexibility they need and out-of-towners the opportunity to see the beautiful city of San Diego, Ca.
NAD+ therapy anecdotally has a synergistic effect when combined with other innovative therapies offered at NAD Treatment Center. These include:
● Extensive testing and diagnostics
● Alternative therapies (i.e. float tank therapy, massage, etc.)
● Transformational counseling
● Nutrition and supplement counseling
● Cutting-edge technologies (i.e. The BRIDGE)
● Other high dose vitamin infusions (i.e. Myer’s cocktail)
Benefits of NAD+ Therapy
When your NAD+ levels are increased, your cells produce more energy, your good genes are “turned on”, DNA is repaired, and many other functions are optimized. Since NAD+ is such a powerful and prolific molecule in the body, high dose IV therapy can be helpful for many different conditions including:
● Substance abuse
● Chronic Fatigue
● Chronic Pain
● Neurodegenerative disorders
NAD Treatment Center has also treated clients with fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome and those looking for overall performance enhancing benefits. Research of NAD+ also shows promise for therapy of sleep disorders and behavioral disorders such as autism.
At the end of treatment with NAD+ therapy, clients have generally reported the following benefits:
● Increased energy
● Improved mood
● Increased mental clarity
● Increased focus and concentration
● Improved memory
● Decreased pain
● Improved eyesight and hearing
● Enhanced sense of purpose
● Reduced cravings of substances
● Minimal to no withdrawal symptoms during treatment
Our Medical Director, Dr. Milgram, is a certified provider of a proprietary NeuroGenesis™ Therapy developed by The Springfield Wellness Center, the first and longest operating NAD+ clinic in the United States.
NAD+ qualifies as a supplement under FDA guidelines. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Intravenous NAD+ therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.