Since it is designed to be used in association with physician-guided programs, we employ this technology as part of a revolutionary therapy called The NAD Treatment Center Detox Method™.
What is the BRIDGE?
Pain associated with the withdrawal process can be debilitating and in some cases, a major deterrent to detox. With the BRIDGE device, withdrawal pain and the fear of pain, are no longer obstacles to recovery. The BRIDGE is an FDA-approved device that helps target the pain and discomfort patients can experience during withdrawal specifically from opioids.
How does the BRIDGE work?
Pioneered by Innovative Health Solutions, the BRIDGE is a peripheral nerve stimulator that attaches behind the ear and sends gentle electrical impulses directly into the brain, blocking pain signals. A trained provider implants the device and its electrodes just behind the ear, where the cranial nerves are closest to the surface. A battery-operated chip sends impulses to nerves to block the pain.
This Video explains in detail How the Bridge Device Works.
The Bridge- can reduce pain from opioid withdrawal symptoms.
The BRIDGE is a safe, effective, and evidence-based alternative to pain management for opiate withdrawal. It is the ideal therapy for the pain associated with withdrawal from heroin, Suboxone, methadone, oxymorphone, and opiate pills, such as hydrocodone, oxycodone, and fentanyl. The device is meant as a short-term solution to pain management and should be used in conjunction with other therapeutic methods, such as The NAD Treatment Center Detox Method™, for long-term recovery success.
Some of the key advantages include:
-Reduction of pain within 30-60 minutes (sometimes even 10 minutes)
-No incision or anesthesia required
-No radiation exposure
-No side effects
Effects of BRIDGE on Opioid Withdrawl Scores
NAD+ and BRIDGE
The BRIDGE is just one of the therapeutic services offered at the NAD Treatment Center . In combination with the Brain RestorationTM therapy containing NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), clients have a smoother detox process in just 10 days. The NAD Treatment Center Detox MethodTM involves the most advanced technology and treatments available for substance detox. The Doctor is also one of the only providers using these breakthrough therapies synergistically for the most effective and restorative detox process.
A study by S. L. Bloom et al. titled “Intravenous Administration of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Significantly Reduces Self Report Craving Ratings Associated with Opiate and Alcohol Withdrawal”, studied the anti-craving properties of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) in 60 patients. Patients addicted to opiates or alcohol were given IV NAD, vitamins, amino acids, n-acetyl cysteine (NAC), and other additional medications as needed for 10 days. The patient’s self reported cravings were significantly reduced between days 1 and 10.
- NAD is an effective detox treatment for alcohol and opiate addicts as evidenced by a significant reduction in craving ratings.
- NAD was effective in reducing and maintaining the number of relapse episodes, as well as severity of drug cravings.
- NAD shows potential as a long-term therapy in maintaining sobriety through minimizing drug cravings and preventing relapse.
- In combination, transformational counseling, the BRIDGE, NAD IV therapy, and VIVITROL provide clients with the best opportunity for long term recovery. Many clients don’t even experience any drug cravings after treatment. The NAD Treatment Center is giving clients and their families a fresh start, with help from The BRIDGE.
- If you are interested in using the BRIDGE device to minimize withdrawal symptoms from opioid detox click here.